Replacement brake lines...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
Does anyone know of the availability of prefabricated, longer than standard brake lines that go from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve?

Since I installed my Hydrobooster, the position of the master cylinder is now further forward than it was with the original vacuum unit. Accordingly, the rigid lines are a complete arse to fit. I can get them attached and done up but they are now under considerably more tension than they ever were.

I know I could buy the fittings and tube etc but is there anyone that sells prefabbed brake lines for Hydroboost application?

I've seen hkc3's thread about flexible brake lines but I really can't be arsed trying to order the parts, waiting for them to arrive etc if I could buy something already made up.

What are the damn sizes involved anyway? 1/2-20 and 9/16-18 inverted flares for the MC but what about the proportioning valve (original 82)?

Just make them yourself, you get a bag of brake tube nuts from summit, it has all the flavors you need to complete the job

I can have flexible ones made but they are pretty spendy at about 100 euros for a pair

Saudi,

You might try these guys. They make the lines for some of the Corvette venders. I found that out when I ordered from Doc Rebuild and a dropshipment came directly from these guys. After that I just called them direct and it was cheaper and the guy I spoke with was knowledgeable and helpful. Parts came fast also. I bet they can make anything you want.

http://www.classictube.com/

Just make them yourself, you get a bag of brake tube nuts from summit, it has all the flavors you need to complete the job

I can have flexible ones made but they are pretty spendy at about 100 euros for a pair
Nah, cos then I'll need to buy another flaring tool, and tube and shit (I know, whine, whine, whine). I'd rather a set, ready to fit, arrived.

Saudi,

You might try these guys. They make the lines for some of the Corvette venders. I found that out when I ordered from Doc Rebuild and a dropshipment came directly from these guys. After that I just called them direct and it was cheaper and the guy I spoke with was knowledgeable and helpful. Parts came fast also. I bet they can make anything you want.

Thanks bloke, just emailed them :thumbs:

Nah, cos then I'll need to buy another flaring tool, and tube and shit (I know, whine, whine, whine). I'd rather a set, ready to fit, arrived.

Saudi,

Thanks bloke, just emailed them :thumbs:

No problem, hope they can help. I think I just got a promotion to "bloke". Life is good!

Sooooo.... lemme see. If I get "full rotten blotto on turps tonight even a bushpig will look like a 10"?
Deadset fair dinkum mate! But keep your daks on and don't root her or you might end up having to go the dingo in the morning ;)

I have found it easiest to go to a parts store, and buy the line tubing needed and then custom make what I needed using the OEM fittings on each end, the old ones, and double flare the lines....GM for some damn oddball reason used the most FUCKED UP selection of fittings on brake lines I have EVER seen on any vechicle.....

:shocking::gurney:

I have found it easiest to go to a parts store, and buy the line tubing needed and then custom make what I needed using the OEM fittings on each end, the old ones, and double flare the lines...
Cool idea with using the original fittings but I can't even buy a flaring tool here nor any tubing.

No doubt there's a shop here somewhere that does sell it, but there's no Yellow Pages here, eveything's word of mouth IF the 3rd World national I'm asking, even knows what I'm on about...

I thought I'd take a chance and see if I could get brake lines in town. In my heart, I didn't think I would be able to get anything but occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised with what I can get - rare but it does happen.

I went out this morning to take the lines off and while the front line at the proportioning valve was difficult to get off, the rear nut was abolutely rock solid! I ended up having to use vice grips on it and although I eventually got it, I pretty much destroyed the nut.

I got away from work early this evening, so took the brake lines into town. Every where I asked only had hard lines to suit a 94 onwards Caprice classic - right diameter pipe but with different nuts on them. Well, three of the nuts were wrong, but the one that was correct was the same as the one I destroyed removing mine. They were cheap enough so I bought a couple and went in search of someone who could make up my new lines. It took me an hour of walking around and asking but I finally found a "hydraulic" shop where the guy said he could do them :thumbs:

...tomorrow morning :mad:

I pestered until he gave in but I had to wait until he finished the job he was doing. After about an hour, we started on mine. He didn't really understand what I wanted and spoke bugger all English but with me "directing" the show, they finally ended up right - two "new" hard lines, about 2 inches longer than stock with three of my original nuts and one new one, all with double flared ends :)

I grabbed some new spark plugs while I was waiting for him to start my job - who was it who started a thread about the best spark plugs to use? I had a choice of AC Delco spark plugs or AC Delco spark plugs :lol:

Last edited:
I thought I'd take a chance and see if I could get brake lines in town. In my heart, I didn't think I would be able to get anything but occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised with what I can get - rare but it does happen.

I went out this morning to take the lines off and while the front line at the proportioning valve was difficult to get off, the rear nut was abolutely rock solid! I ended up having to use vice grips on it and although I eventually got it, I pretty much destroyed the nut.

I got away from work early this evening, so took the brake lines into town. Every where I asked only had hard lines to suit a 94 onwards Caprice classic - right diameter pipe but with different nuts on them. Well, three of the nuts were wrong, but the one that was correct was the same as the one I destroyed removing mine. They were cheap enough so I bought a couple and went in search of someone who could make up my new lines. It took me an hour of walking around and asking but I finally found a "hydraulic" shop where the guy said he could do them :thumbs:

...tomorrow morning :mad:

I pestered until he gave in but I had to wait until he finished the job he was doing. After about an hour, we started on mine. He didn't really understand what I wanted and spoke bugger all English but with me "directing" the show, they finally ended up right - two "new" hard lines, about 2 inches longer than stock with three of my original nuts and one new one, all with double flared ends :)

I grabbed some new spark plugs while I was waiting for him to start my job - who was it who started a thread about the best spark plugs to use? I had a choice of AC Delco spark plugs or AC Delco spark plugs :lol:

And just like that Bob's your uncle :quote:

I hope thats right,and i did not call you some obscene name :tomato:

And just like that Bob's your uncle :quote:

I hope thats right,and i did not call you some obscene name :tomato:
Nah, she's apples mate :thumbs:

Of course, I can't fit the damn things because the dust storm's so thick I can't find the damn car :banghead:

Hey i have plenty of water around here,how about i trade some H20 for some fuel,there is a large surplus of it here :friends:

Nah, you'll have to come up with something better than that - there's a desalination plant just down the road so I have plenty of water...

I have a bumper crop of ditch weed growing around the farm this year,how about a few bundles of that :twitch: