PDA

View Full Version : Hydroboost Line Routing

Fuelie74
06-09-2008, 02:47 AM
I know how my hydroboost needs to be plumbed but I am trying to figure out the best line routing. Does anyone have any pictures of their line routing? I am mostly interested in the P/S pump area.

saudivette
06-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Ok, follow along here and scuse the dust!

This pic is looking at the Hydro unit and Jeep box with the lines going forward to the PS pump.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Slightly further forward than the pic above.

The blue T piece in the above pic is the same one in this pic and you can just see the PS pump. The long lines going to the front of the car now attach to a cooler.

PS pump viewed from above and behind. The uppermost line at the back of the PS pump is the return line...

Is that any help?

Fuelie74
06-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the photos. They help some but I am really trying to decide whether to route them in option 1 or option 2.

saudivette
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Not sure what you mean by your routing options??

73 Mike
06-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Not sure what you mean by your routing options??

Thanks Wayne. I was stairing at the picture and thought I was being cluless. i don't see what you mean either<

saudivette
06-12-2008, 06:37 AM
It took me a little while to realise that the squiggle coming off the master cylinder line was a number 2. I thought he was saying he wanted a pipe coming from there??

Cmon Fuelie, we need some help here...

Fuelie74
06-12-2008, 12:11 PM
I am trying to figure out if I should route the lines to the PS pump and control valve over the control arm or down close to the frame behind the control arm.

saudivette
06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Ok, gotcha. Wouldn't you have more room going down beside the frame? That would also keep the lines clear of the control arm...

Fuelie74
06-12-2008, 03:52 PM
There is about the same amount of room in both locations.

saudivette
06-12-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd go down the chassis behind the control arm. That way you'd be sure that the lines would never foul on the control arm.

Just my 2c