THIS is an ENGINE MOD.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
I did this in my own garage in '92-93 winter.....by myself.....Bob Harris did the short block, that is ALL,.....a hippy machinest welder who did NASA work for Goddard SF Center was the guy who modded the intake manifold....

the rest was ME.....

File did not take transferr.....

try again...

Attachments

• DSCF2245.JPG
    DSCF2245.JPG
    934.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF2246.JPG
    DSCF2246.JPG
    943.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF2247.JPG
    DSCF2247.JPG
    933.9 KB · Views: 34
Damn MSFT...

Had a battle royal to get these here, stupid crap, but wife won.....

:devil::clobbered:

Attachments

• gene 001a.jpg
    gene 001a.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 11
  • gene 002a.jpg
    gene 002a.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 11
  • gene 003a.jpg
    gene 003a.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 14
What is the two wire do dah going to ground on the mounting bolt?

OH...hehe....that is the air temp sensor, that's the plug...this has been setting on a shelf in my garage for some ten years now....computer that ran it flamed out....old analogue thing made by Bendix in Newport News Va. back 35 years ago....GM sent them 3 engines....Olds 350 that appeared in the Sevilles of the late 70's....the Caddy 425 engine this came off of, and then the Caddy 500 ci that I have never seen, but supposedly a very few were made in the '76 Eldo's....

Bendix became Allied Signal, and serviced the computers for GM for years....
then it became Siemens....doubtful any backup for that old op amp analogue computer exists anywhere anymore....

the TPS was a SWITCH not a POT....

air and water temps were identical, HEI ignition with typical mechanical controlls, nothing new there....

due to being a dual plane mani, I had to way tomake fuel rails....so just ran my own dist mani, and welded up the brake lines to the injector tops with clamped on FI hose....ala old Datsuns of the '70's....good enough for them, I figgered good enough for me.....ran that car some 6 years like that....

OH...hehe....that is the air temp sensor, that's the plug...this has been setting on a shelf in my garage for some ten years now....computer that ran it flamed out....old analogue thing made by Bendix in Newport News Va. back 35 years ago....GM sent them 3 engines....Olds 350 that appeared in the Sevilles of the late 70's....the Caddy 425 engine this came off of, and then the Caddy 500 ci that I have never seen, but supposedly a very few were made in the '76 Eldo's....

then it became Siemens....doubtful any backup for that old op amp analogue computer exists anywhere anymore....

air and water temps were identical, HEI ignition with typical mechanical controlls, nothing new there....

due to being a dual plane mani, I had to way tomake fuel rails....so just ran my own dist mani, and welded up the brake lines to the injector tops with clamped on FI hose....ala old Datsuns of the '70's....good enough for them, I figgered good enough for me.....ran that car some 6 years like that....

If you need a replacement computer ,let me know...I have seen these things a few times at the local Pull-A-Part, including a few on 76 500 Caddys.

If you need a replacement computer ,let me know...I have seen these things a few times at the local Pull-A-Part, including a few on 76 500 Caddys.

Are you SURE they are 500 engines?? interesting....I have scrapped my project ten years ago, sold the car, put the Qjet back on it....but the intake and stuff I still have...no computer and wiring....

it would be cute to take the 500 engine complete, and run it with modern higher impedance injectors, and a new digital computer, bet that thing would SCREAM.....I knew a guy who used a 500 caddy engine on a airboat, and the thing did some 650-750 something horse.....freeking screaming.....

course he had it all tricked out....

:shocking::beer: