What happened to Norval?

Haven't seen him post in a while.... hmmm... he's selling after all that work he put into the car .....hope it works out for him

He must be bummed for some reason.

Over the years I have talked about various topics with him, on the back channels....and I believe him when he said he is burnt out, and wanted to pursue other goals....

I dunno if this is true or not, but a traffic ticket for significant speeding would cause such a reaction....BUT on the other side of the coin, the man had about wrung out as much as anyone could get from his shark....

he was a typical engineer, well convinced once his project was proven to his satisfaction.....in other words....suffered fools greatly....

Like most of us here, would love to have met him, and maybe someday can build an engine together....eh, how about an INDY winner???

whimsical dreamer....:nuts::nuts::nuts:

Maybe he's still pissed about the hat I photochopped onto his head?

norval1.jpg

He came onto DC and admonished the dirty dozen for our treatment of durango boy. He told us that we were no better than durango boy.

I wrote a rather long and detailed response telling him exactly why we were indeed better. He got pounded pretty good.

He came onto DC and admonished the dirty dozen for our treatment of durango boy. He told us that we were no better than durango boy.

I wrote a rather long and detailed response telling him exactly why we were indeed better. He got pounded pretty good.

You have a link to that by chance?? I think I missed that thread....

thanks...GENE:clobbered:

It was the top 5 best mods thread over at DC. He didn't like the poking fun we were doing...he blew chunks over my post. You didn't miss the thread...

Strider must still be looking for things on DC. His profile showed activity on June 4.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91248&page=5&highlight=scientists

post 71 and 72 and 73

It was the top 5 best mods thread over at DC. He didn't like the poking fun we were doing...he blew chunks over my post. You didn't miss the thread...

Strider must still be looking for things on DC. His profile showed activity on June 4.

Oh well, shame to loose him, did he ever post here???

:shocking::bonkers:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91248&page=5&highlight=scientists

post 71 and 72 and 73

Oh that thread, that's where he was being very modest LOL

Remember, that was the 1st time he came back after a very long hiatus.

I hadn't seen him psot after we butted heads. I received numerous PMs from others (who know him in person) that he was bummed because of me.

He was upset with me saying that the way he alignted his drivetrain was fundamentally wrong and recommending it to others was a big mistake. I still stand by my comments. Weird though, whenever I posted about soemthing I had been working on he was always there to try to break it down or find some flaw. Never really had a problem with that. Some people just can't take criticism very well. I told him I thought he was acting like a child, never got a reply to my PM.

So, another person hates my guts, join the back of the line LOL :pprrtt:

Some people just can't take criticism very well.

yea, but you're getting better.

Big difference between having critique on someones approach/methods than just being rude and basically trying to take a dump on someone just to get him riled up. Whenever someone had something to say about my mods I've always replied by giving my point of view or reason for going a certain way. But I know why you posted this, again category 2!

Some people just can't take criticism very well.

yea, but you're getting better.

He IS?? how can you tell???

:eek::twitch::fishing::suicide::stirpot::smash::push::thumbs:

i've busted on him pretty good lately and his head did not explode. Now that's real progress.

Big difference between having critique on someones approach/methods than just being rude and basically trying to take a dump on someone just to get him riled up. Whenever someone had something to say about my mods I've always replied by giving my point of view or reason for going a certain way. But I know why you posted this, again category 2!

Isn't it possible to take a dump and be proving a point at the same time? About 60% of the time i do have a point.